For me, the end of December/beginning of January means it is time to set new writing goals. I have learned that my productivity for the new year is dependent on my setting achievable goals and creating a plan for achieving those goals.
My Rules for Goal Setting
- Set three-five writing-related goals for the year.
- Make the goals specific so that it’s easy to know when you have achieved them.
- Unless there is a deadline, give yourself more time than you think you’ll need to accomplish each goal.
My Writing Goals for 2020
- Read 50 books.
- Blog consistently (every two weeks).
- Have the first three books of my chapter book mystery series, Big Bad Wolf Detective Agency, ready to show to agents and editors by the first week of June.
- In late June or early July, begin querying the Big Bad Wolf Detective Agency and short stories.
I hope you have a happy, productive year!
Happy goal setting!