In 2021, I read 685 books. At the beginning of 2022, I thought back over all the books I’d read the previous year and realized that there were a few that stood out.
In the video below, I share my top ten books that I read in 2021 and why I loved them.
Top Ten Books
- Planet Earth Is Blue by Nicole Panteleakos
- The Remember Balloons by Jessie Oliveros, illustrated by Dana Wulfekotte
- Fall Is Not Easy by Marty Kelley
- One Grain of Rice: A Mathematical Folktale by Demi
- While Mama Had a Quick Little Chat by Amy Reichert, illustrated by Alexandra Boiger
- Mama Seeton’s Whistle by Jerry Spinelli, illustrated by LeUyen Pham
- Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast by Robin McKinley
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- The Very Last Leaf by Stef Wade, illustrated by Jennifer Davison
- If Picasso Painted a Snowman by Amy Newbold, illustrated by Greg Newbold
For more themed book recommendations and activities, visit my post library.